In our very first blog, we talk about how over the winter after the temperatures started dropping to below freezing our batteries froze because they’d apparently lost charge. According to my first Instagram post about the bus, the last time we had started the bus was nearly a year ago. That’s insane! It does not feel like a year.

Well, we purchased new batteries this week and installed them. Before that, though, we wanted to disconnect the tubes from the auxiliary heater and reroute them, as the engine coolant runs through those tubes and we don’t want to build our house around the heaters.

Then, after finishing that, Jeremiah drained some diesel out of the engine, added some tank cleaner, and we started the bus!

It was amazing that it took so little effort. Thankfully, we know a couple of people who are bus mechanics and they gave us some pointers, but really, as easy as that was, anyone could have done it. After starting it, we moved it a bit in our driveway. Then, last thing on the checklist for the weekend was to fix the lock on our door, which will probably take a little more finagling.

We thought that this process was going to take much longer, and were concerned about it. So, we didn’t have any of the materials ready or ordered for our next project, but it’s all ordered, now, and in the meantime it’s so great that we got the bus moving!

Don’t forget to subscribe to us on YouTube, if you haven’t already. Subscribe to our email newsletter for regular updates on our blog posts, and consider supporting us on Patreon!

Thanks for joining us!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s